Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mayor Ray Jenkins

As many of you know by now, on Wednesday, February 2, Mayor Jenkins passed away.  There are many things that can be said about our Mayor, but to me, the one thing that stands far above the rest was his loyalty to our city.

He loved the City of Doraville and worked tirelessly to protect and defend her.

I had the pleasure of working with him for 3 years.  He was opinionated.  He was stubborn.  But he was a wonderful man who loved his job and loved our city.

I am going to miss that smile of his when he told or heard a funny story.  I am going to miss those little quirks of his, like mis-pronouncing names.  I am going to miss that passion of his for our city, our residents, and our employees.

May there be comfort to his wife Lou, and his family that there are so many care and may his love and passion for our city be continued by those who follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment