II. ROLL CALL - Pachuta and Jenkins Absent
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1. December 13, 2010 - Approved 4-0
IV. MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
1. Resolution Commending DeKalb County Community Development Department – Luke Howe - Approved 4-0
2. Community Choices Buford Hwy Overlay Project Update - Luke Howe/Stephen Causby - No action taken. Report from Community Choices was asked to be forwarded to City Hall
V. DEPARTMENT REPORTS:
1. Police Department – Chief King - Announced review of existing alarm ordinance and possible ordinance change request
2. Attorney Weed - Commented on the Homestead Exemption Resolution
VI. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS:
VII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Work Session - LWCF Grant Resolution – Attorney Murray Weed - First Reading on Halpern Park Grant Resolution
2. Work Session - Extension of Building Official Contract – Attorney Murray Weed - Combined with New Business #1. Approved 6-month contract with John Calcaterra and approved moving forward with job position announcmenet for full-time Building Inspector/Official.
3. RFP Food Service – Chief King/Capt. Brinkley -Approved agreement with Top Notch for food service
4. ADDED TO AGENDA Alcohol Ordinance Modification - Employee Permits -Approve 4-0 modification to the alcohol ordinance on who is required to get Alcohol Permit.
5. MOVED FROM NEW BUSINESS Delete 6-8 and 6-9 Crematories and Palmistry - Approved 4-0 the deletion of sections 6-8 and 6-9 which are covered under zoning.
6. MOVED FROM NEW BUSINESS Hearing Procedures for Regulated Businesses - Tabled to 2/7/11
1. Create Position and Hire Full Time Building Official – Councilmember Bob Roche - See Old Business #2
2. Review and Enforce Residential Occupancy Ordinances – Councilmember Bob Roche - No action taken. New ideas introduced for review and follow-up.
3. City Engineering Service Contracts – Councilmember Pam Fleming - No action taken. Asked the Clerk to check with departments on the services we use Keck & Wood for. Possible RFP for engineering services, plan review, and GIS Mapping.
4. RFP for Attorney Services – Pam Fleming - Vote 3-1 to send out RFP for Legal Services (Bates voting no)
5. Resolution Homestead Exemption/Referendum – Attorney Murray Weed - First Reading on resolution asking for referendum on $25,000 Homestead to State Legislature for approval.