Monday, October 25, 2010

Mis-Information and Election Information

My apologies for being less communicative over the last several months.  We had quite a bit on our plates with GM activity as well as some personal matters.  Things are returning to some sense of normalcy.

That being said, over the last several weeks there has been a tremendous amount of mis-information be spread out there, some of it by former councilmembers.  They either are not bright enough to understand what is being done or are deliberately mis-representing information for political purposes.

Over the next several weeks I am going to attempt to put the facts out there regarding a number of items.  I hope that you know by now I don't respond emotionally to items and use fact and reference to prove my points.

I am the first to admit that sometimes I am wrong.  I also acknowledge that there are differences of opinion regarding certain things.  That is ok.  When I am wrong I will work to correct the information as soon as possible. 

Over the next few weeks there will be posts regarding:

Tree Ordinance
Employee Health Insurance and Benefits
Sanitation Liens
Satellite Dishes
Sidewalks
Grants

And of course, as items surface I will attempt to correct the mis-information as appropriate.  Having to do this, unfortunately, takes me and other council members away from working on important items such as Architectural Standards, creating Doraville CVB for Hotel Motel tax dollars, sign ordinance, economic development plans, legislative agenda (including City Manager form of government), city finances, and many other things.

Finally, in a short week we go to the polls to elect representatives on the State level, Federally, DeKalb School Board as well as vote on 5 Constitutional Amendments and a Referendum.  Over the next few days I will be posting information on the ballot issues that will hopefully help in making an informed decision.

Thanks for your continued support of our city and please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

 Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment