This is late notice and I apologize for just getting it up. The City of Doraville has an opening for an Accounting Technician.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of a specific statement from the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
•Responsible for receiving invoices from all City departments for entry into the computer system. This includes double checking to ascertain payment status.
• Responsible for reviewing and confirming the veracity of account statements from each vendor against invoices in hand to determine the number of outstanding invoices, and then entering this information into the computer system. Follow up on missing invoices by fax and otherwise.
• Responsible for issuing and mailing checks before the due date of each individual invoice. Processing where possible, multiple invoices to be paid with one check. Payments are entered into the computer system to track City expenditures.
• Responsible for verifying the total amounts coincide with the amount shown on each invoice.
•Receives revenue and processes and posts deposits into accounting software.
•Verifies and prepare deposits for property tax, sanitation, permits, franchise taxes, rents, court, jail funds, and excise tax.
• Receiving revenue for occupational taxes and sanitation fees accounts and posting deposits of revenue into the accounting software.
• Exercises discretion in the performance of the work and regularly uses independent judgment.
Job Description Continued on City Website