Sunday, February 7, 2010

Champion Article on the GM Property

This week the Champion Newspaper had an article about the GM Property.  In my opinion, it was a great article until we got to this quote:

“The current staff at city hall are really not up to this challenge,” he [Bob Roche] said. “City Hall needs to modernize.”

While I don't disagree that City Hall needs to modernize, it won't happen overnight and it won't happen with councilmembers continuing to try and cut the budget across the board by 10%.  The City has taken steps to make that happen, albeit slow and steady, but happening such as actually having a functional website.  Where I get frustrated is when he, or any other elected official, takes public shots at our City employees.  It is one thing to have these discussions internally and at council meetings, but to publicly state this, well . . .

But then again, I am just one person.  So if you agree with Mr. Roche, and you believe that our City Hall employees are not up to this challenge, let me know.  If you think our planning department can handle this, please let me know as well.  If you think we need to hire additional employees, such as an Accounts Payable clerk, Economic Development Director, or in-house IT Director as examples, please let me know as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment