Monday, January 25, 2010

Intown Plaza, Alcohol, and Voting

This evening I received a number of emails asking me to deny two Conditional Use applications that the city will hear Tuesday evening, January 26th.  Both involve the selling of alcohol, the first being a billiard hall and the second a comedy club.

Let me be very clear.  I do not share with people the direction I am leaning.  I want to hear all of the facts presented and hear from all parties before I make up my final decision.

Do I lean one way or another?  Absolutely!  I live here too.  But I try to leave my personal biases at the door and listen to the information presented as objectively as I can. 

Some have called that riding the fence.  I call it good judgement and being fair and responsible.

So, for those interested in how I will vote Tuesday evening, the meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment